How Cross-Channel Marketing and Strategy Help a Client Retain its Market Share
The Client: A multi-faceted New York metro area company that services corporations throughout New York City and northern New Jersey with office refreshments and related equipment, janitorial and sanitization supplies, and PPE.
Target Audience: Corporations and mid-size to large businesses in the tristate area in variety of industries, from commercial and professional services to manufacturing.
Problem: The client was unhappy with its in-house marketing team, which was not being proactive. This was largely due to a lack of a clear marketing road map to follow. Without a marketing plan, nor a marketing analysis to understand the competition and the business environment, the team was being reactive instead—with no measurable results in terms of sales lift or brand awareness.
Additionally, the COVID-19 pandemic meant the company had to pivot its sales strategy to market those products that would support its customers at that time and prepare them for bringing their teams back to the workplace as the economy reopened.
Strategy: Rapunzel Creative Marketing began its work in August 2020 by first evaluating all aspects of the client’s existing marketing channels and initiatives, as well as a competitive analysis. We then developed a brand strategy, marketing plan, and marketing calendar that closely aligned with current business challenges and near-future goals. These included:
- Website updates
- SEO improvements
- Content marketing – blog articles, white papers and byline articles that addressed multiple target audiences, on highly contemporary topics
- Social media strategy – monthly calendars with posts directly related to the company’s products and services that addressed their customers’ needs and concerns
- Email marketing strategy – this channel supported (and continues to support) the client’s sales direction
- Event development – monthly webinars on topics related to workplace safety and health issues, promoted via social media and email
- Sales collateral
- Advertising campaigns on LinkedIn
- A go-to-marketing product campaign that included digital advertising among other tactics to boost product awareness and benefits
Additionally, the COVID-19 pandemic meant the company had to pivot its sales strategy to market its products that would support its customers at that time and prepare them for bringing their teams back to the workplace as the economy reopened.
“They worked to rebrand and reposition some of our products and services in response to the corporate environment and, in marketing, with both the work from home and the work in the office employee segment.”
In addition, Rapunzel Creative organized all marketing efforts using a project management system and provided training for the client’s internal team to ensure all digital marketing tactics would be implemented properly and timely.
“It has been excellent. We have a great cadence of weekly and daily calls, as well as emails to follow up with work and product approval. Technology is also used to manage the project,” says the head of business development. “They worked to rebrand and reposition some of our products and services in response to the corporate environment and in our marketing, with both the work-from-home and office-based employee segments.”
Results: Understanding that these new digital marketing initiatives were happening during the pandemic, the client also understood the importance of putting a healthy spend behind these to bolster efforts by the business development team. As a result, the client was able to maintain its market presence and leadership position in its vertical by:
- Running digital marketing campaigns with tracking in place to effectively measure results
- Creating campaigns that target leads with high intent;, resulting in high-value leads with the purchasing power to buy additional products beyond what was advertised
- Introducing new products to existing customers and heighten awareness of its vast product selection to prospects
- Providing inventory its customers needed during a time when the supply chain was strongly challenged
- Acquiring new business, including a major national account with offices in NYC.
The head of business development provided this feedback:
“Rapunzel Creative Marketing delivers on their promises. They have excellent project management skills and great communication. The team feels like an extension of our own and they work well together.”